Monday, October 19, 2009

Our little dare devil

The other day Austin and I were getting ready to go to the park. I went to set up the stroller at the bottom of the stairs. Now usually I just leave or door open and he walks down the stairs to me. Well, last Monday instead of walking out the door he rode out on his little tricycle. I started up the stairs just in time to see him turn to head down. Just then I started sprinting up the stairs to catch him. I made it just in time to get the back end of his tricycle in my eye and he made it down one stair. But as you can see that one stair made banged him up pretty good.

Most days I feel like a pretty okay Mom. That day I felt like the worst Mom in the world. It was so sad to see my little boy hurt so badly and not feel responsible. We just sat on the couch after and just snuggled and cried. Luckily Tagg is a pretty tough kid and bounced back pretty quickly.

The next few days you could see the real damage from the crash.

Right after the crash

Day 2

Day 3

9 comments:

Meg Ruth said...

He should be a hard core biker for Halloween. He is tough!

Richins Family said...

oh my word that is so sad! you are the best mom in the world though heid! i love you so much! give him a little kiss for me :)

Julander Family said...

That'a pretty good if he's still so adorable even all banged up! Good things kids are resilient and mom's forget! Don't doubt your mothering skills! I know you are an awesome mom, we all have bad days!

JOCELYN & TODD (AND JM) said...

That's heartbreaking! He's a rough and tough little guy.

Heidi said...

That's so sad. I like the pictures you took of the different days.

Jenna said...

Heidi! That breaks my heart to see Tagg all "messed up" and don't ever worry about being a bad mom. You are great! I have learned plenty of little tips for you that I am going to use for my little girl in a few months! Maybe Tagg and our girl will have the same birthday. She is due in Feb!

Stefu said...

Man! That day 3 picture looks like he just got our of a boxing match!

Holly said...

Poor little guy! I hate that feeling as a mom. He is so cute, though!

Joy Salmon said...

omg!!!!! Heidi! I miss you guys sooo much! I miss our playing times together and the good chats we had! I hope he feels better soon and don't worry! YOu are a great mom and it happens to more kids then you would probably think... But I do know that it's hard to not feel guilty when our kids get hurt.. they have to learn some way though, right?